Author: Charles Raymond Barrett
Published in the year: 1900
The short story was first recognized as a distinct class of literature in 1842, when Poe's criticism of Hawthorne called attention to the new form of fiction. Short story writing had, however, been practiced for many years before that: perhaps the narratives of Homer and the tales of the first books of the Bible may be considered as the first examples; certainly the short story is closely associated in its early history with narrative poems, allegorical tales, and mouth-to-mouth traditions, and it can be traced surely to the fabliaux of the thirteenth century.
- Download directly (right click -> save link as):
What do you think about this PDF?
Other PDF files in this category:
- Epic E-Book Creation
- More Time Now: Time Management Made Simple Again
- 147 Killer ePublishing Strategies
- How to Study Mathematics
- The Future of Publishing: A Report on Innovation and the Future of the Book
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Electric Conversion Made Easy - Tutorial
- How to make a Voice Over Demo
- Article Writing - Tips and marketing secrets for non writers